Heavy Duty Descaler
KLEN 897 is a heavy duty acid based rust and scale remover. It is used to remove
scale from a wide range of metal equipment & surfaces.
KLEN 897 contains corrosion inhibitors that effectively remove hard scales and metal
oxide deposits from surfaces without attacking the base metal itself.
Areas of Use
For use on boilers, condensers, evaporators, heat exchangers, calorifiers, diesel engine cooling systems, air coolers, sea water sides, etc
• Corrosion inhibitors for protection of treated surface.
• High concentration for economical and effective performance.
Directions for Use
– Dilute KLEN 897 with water in portion 1: 5. Duration may vary, general guidelines are:
For removing hard scales: 24 to 36 hours
De-rusting: 2 to 4 hours
– System should be vented at highest point to release gases produced during descaling.
– Solution may be warmed (not exceeding 40°C) to improve efficiency of descaling process.
– If solution concentration drops to less than ½ of initial concentration, add another portion 1:10.
– Rinse system thoroughly with water and drain completely after cleansing.
– To neutralize remaining traces of acid, add 2-3% solution of KLEN 1101 to circulate for approximately 2 to 4 hours.
Corrosive liquid! A pair of suitable gloves should be worn when using product.
Avoid all skin and eye contact. Wash affected areas with plenty of water.